Warning to white-hat hackers: Obama proposal a threat to what you doPresident Obama’s proposal to update the computer fraud and abuse act could put white-hat hackers at risk of prosecution as members of organized crime, the SchmooCon hacking conference was told. Under Obama’s proposal, simply sharing passwords with friends – something hackers do routinely – could be enough to indicate that the person doing the sharing […] more…
Barack Obama proposes shielding companies that share cyber threat dataPresident Obama on Tuesday proposed new cybersecurity legislation that would put cybercrime on par with racketeering and would protect companies from getting sued if they share computer threat data with the government. more…
APT review of the yearWhat were the most interesting developments in terms of APT activity throughout the year and what can we learn from them? Not an easy question to answer; everybody has partial visibility and it’s never possible to really understand the motivations of some attacks or the developments behind them. Still, with the benefit of hindsight, let’s […] more…
- Office 365 email conks out twice within a week
- What to expect from Microsoft Build this week
- Does your cloud vendor protect your rights?
- HTTPS working for malicious users
- Wiretap claims fail against Facebook, Zynga
- How secure is the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S5?
- The shadiest characters in the world of top-level domains
- Social responsibility: Monitoring children’s social media usage is important, but so is allowing their mistakes
- Businesses are building shopper profiles based on sniffing phones’ WiFi
- Google, Hyperledger launch online identity management tools