Great R packages for data import, wrangling, and visualizationThe table below shows my favorite go-to R packages for data import, wrangling, visualization and analysis — plus a few miscellaneous tasks tossed in. The package names in the table are clickable if you want more information. To find out more about a package once you’ve installed it, type help(package = "packagename") in your R […] more…
Financial Cyberthreats in 20202020 was challenging for everyone: companies, regulators, individuals. Due to the limitations imposed by the epidemiological situation, particular categories of users and businesses were increasingly targeted by cybercriminals. While we were adjusting to remote work and the rest of the new conditions, so were scammers. As a result, 2020 was extremely eventful in terms of digital […] more…
Ransomware Families Use NSIS Installers to Avoid Detection, AnalysisMalware families are constantly seeking new ways to hide their code, thwart replication, and avoid detection. A recent trend for the delivery of ransomware is the use of the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) with an encrypted payload. The list of the most common families using this technique is diverse and includes Cerber, Locky, Teerac, Crysis, […] more…
Spam in May 2014Spam in the spotlight In the run-up to the summer, spammers offered their potential customers seedlings and seeds for gardening. In addition, English-language festive spam in May was dedicated to Mother’s Day – the attackers sent out adverts offering flowers and candies. Holiday spam for Mom As usual, the spammers were very busy in the […] more…
- Update Ruby now before it goes off the Rails
- Syrian Electronic Army attacks the Washington Post again, hijacks mobile site
- Amazon S3 security update tries to protect admins from their own mistakes
- Microsoft to replace legacy Edge in April with Chromium-based version
- Defending Against CryptoLocker
- Safe Harbor was for EU privacy: But how safe is US data in Europe?
- EU ISP Talks: Let’s Make the Most of It!
- CACTUS Memory Upgrade
- Dept. of Homeland Security tools aimed at Heartbleed-like security evils
- Sectigo Acquires IoT Security Firm Icon Labs