Malicious Optimizer and Utility Android Apps on Google Play Communicate with Trojans that Install Malware, Perform Mobile Ad FraudBy Lorin Wu (Mobile Threats Analyst) We recently discovered several malicious optimizer, booster, and utility apps (detected by Trend Micro as AndroidOS_BadBooster.HRX) on Google Play that are capable of accessing remote ad configuration servers that can be used for malicious purposes, perform mobile ad fraud, and download as many as 3,000 malware variants or malicious […] more…
Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2018. Top security storiesIntroduction The internet is now woven into the fabric of our lives. Many people routinely bank, shop and socialize online and the internet is the lifeblood of commercial organizations. The dependence on technology of governments, businesses and consumers provides a broad attack surface for attackers with all kinds of motives – financial theft, theft of […] more…
Ztorg: money for infecting your smartphoneThis research started when we discovered an infected Pokémon GO guide in Google Play. It was there for several weeks and was downloaded more than 500,000 times. We detected the malware as Trojan.AndroidOS.Ztorg.ad. After some searching, I found some other similar infected apps that were being distributed from the Google Play Store. The first of […] more…
- Crypto exchange collapses, victims accuse it of exit scam
- Hundreds Access Fake Bank Account Data "Leaked" to Dark Web
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader CVE-2018-4990 Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- Chinese Cyber-Espionage Group Targeted NGOs for Years
- Is your website or blog at risk from this ImageMagick security hole?
- Microsoft Office CVE-2016-3283 Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- SIEM Provider Exabeam Acquires SkyFormation
- Researchers reveal how Flame fakes Windows Update
- Did you know John Roberts is also chief justice of the NSA’s surveillance state?
- "Armada Collective" DDoS Threats Strike Again