Spam and phishing in Q1 2017Spam: quarterly highlights Spam from the Necurs botnet We wrote earlier about a sharp increase in the amount of spam with malicious attachments, mainly Trojan encryptors. Most of that spam was coming from the Necurs botnet, which is currently considered the world’s largest spam botnet. However, in late December 2016, the network’s activity almost ceased […] more…
Lurk Banker Trojan: Exclusively for RussiaOne piece of advice that often appears in closed message boards used by Russian cybercriminals is “Don’t work with RU”. This is a kind of instruction given by more experienced Russian criminals to the younger generation. It can be interpreted as: “don’t steal money from people in Russia, don’t infect their machines, don’t use compatriots […] more…
Adwind: FAQDownload full report PDF We have become aware of unusual malware that was found in some banks in Singapore. This malware has many names – it is known as Adwind RAT (Remote Access Tool), AlienSpy, Frutas, Unrecom, Sockrat, JSocket, and jRat. It is a backdoor available for purchase, and is written entirely in Java which […] more…
The Chronicles of the Hellsing APT: the Empire Strikes BackIntroduction One of the most active APT groups in Asia, and especially around the South China Sea area is “Naikon”. Naikon plays a key part in our story, but the focus of this report is on another threat actor entirely; one who came to our attention when they hit back at a Naikon attack. Naikon […] more…
- How to set up 802.1X client settings in Windows
- TikTok Update: Dangerous Viral Challenges & Age Restrictions
- Migration Lesson Plan for Educational Institutions
- Snapchat tallies government data requests for the first time
- Twitter users, do you know who’s spying on your web-surfing habits?
- Linux Kernel CVE-2019-18660 Side Channel Attack Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- 25 Million U.S. Individuals Impacted by 2016 Uber Hack
- Devices Still Vulnerable to DMA Attacks Despite Protections
- ‘Cable Haunt’ vulnerability exposes 200 million cable modem users
- Notre Dame Donations – How Much Has Been Donated So Far?