Warning to white-hat hackers: Obama proposal a threat to what you doPresident Obama’s proposal to update the computer fraud and abuse act could put white-hat hackers at risk of prosecution as members of organized crime, the SchmooCon hacking conference was told. Under Obama’s proposal, simply sharing passwords with friends – something hackers do routinely – could be enough to indicate that the person doing the sharing […] more…
Barack Obama proposes shielding companies that share cyber threat dataPresident Obama on Tuesday proposed new cybersecurity legislation that would put cybercrime on par with racketeering and would protect companies from getting sued if they share computer threat data with the government. more…
APT review of the yearWhat were the most interesting developments in terms of APT activity throughout the year and what can we learn from them? Not an easy question to answer; everybody has partial visibility and it’s never possible to really understand the motivations of some attacks or the developments behind them. Still, with the benefit of hindsight, let’s […] more…
- Julian Assange: Prolific Leaker of Secrets Back in Spotlight
- Website of Atomic Energy Commission of Syria Disrupted by The Jester
- WordPress plugin sees second serious security bug in six weeks
- What is online gambling spam and what can I do about it?
- When Your Media Player Watches You – Trojan Infects Software Downloads for Macs
- Crypto mirror on the wall, who’s the smartest of them all?
- WebMonitor RAT Bundled with Zoom Installer
- Ransomware hits Louisiana schools; state of emergency declared
- 5 BYOD pitfalls and how you can avoid them
- Google Password Protects Pixel 2 Firmware