The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Apache Log4j CVE-2017-5645 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Heads Up: Massive Google Doc Phishing Scam Has Hit the Scene and is Spreading Fast
- Tor Project to Launch Bug Bounty Program
- Smart-Meter Hacker to Give Talk He Shelved Under Industry Pressure
- Trump: Clinton should be jailed because of e-mail scandal
- US appeals court upholds warrantless collection of phone location data
- Out of the Shadows: How to Bring Cloud Usage into the Light
- Maintainers of new generic top level domains have a hard time keeping abuse in check
- Surveillance Bill Vote Scrapped After Opposition From Trump, DoJ
- USB is now UEC (use with extreme caution)