The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Update your Android now – many holes fixed including ‘BroadPwn’ Wi-Fi bug
- Microsoft Internet Explorer CVE-2019-0768 Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Crane Maker Palfinger Says Cyberattack Had ‘Massive’ Impact on IT Infrastructure
- Several Core Components in Windows Patched in August Patch Tuesday
- Yubico Brings Security Keys to iOS
- Bitcoins banned in Thailand
- Organizations Still Slow to Detect Breaches: CrowdStrike
- Ad Plus instead of AdBlock Plus
- Samsung Offers Up to $200,000 in Bug Bounty Program
- S3 Ep35: Apple chip flaw, Have I Been Pwned, and Covid tracker trouble [Podcast]