Resolved: ITS Database Outage
On Tuesday, July 31, starting at 1:20 PM, ITS experienced a brief database server outage that was resolved by 2:30 PM. This outage may have briefly affected the following services:
– ITS Chat service (chat.psu.edu)
– ITS News and alerts (news.its.psu.edu and alerts.its.psu.edu)
– Resource Creation within University Collaboration Suite (UCS), regular users would have been unaffected
– Links for licensed software on the ITS Downloads server (downloads.its.psu.edu)
– Podcasts served from podcasts.psu.edu
No data was lost as a result of this outage. The outage was caused by a full filesystem. ITS is working on a solution to better detect and prevent this in the future.