Tips For Java Junkies
So, according to our recent poll, only 12% of you don’t have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed. And the rest of you (88%) are Java junkies to one degree or another.
Okay, well, for the 41% of you that have Java installed and also have browser plugins enabled, we hope you’re at least using Java via Google Chrome, which prompts the user for permissions each time it comes across Java.
Are you a Firefox user? Perhaps Plugins Toggler, an extension by Trinh Nguyen will encourage you to disable Java in your browser.
It’s a very simple and easy to use toolbar button that lets you open and “toggle” any installed plugins. So then you could leave Java disabled by default, but enable it when needed without having to dig through options menus.
(A dedicated Java toggler button extension would be nice. Hint, hint.)
If you’re now tempted to limit your Java plugins, why stop there? Why not inhibit all of your plugins? (As in Adobe Flash.)
Google Chrome includes an option for “Click to play” in Content settings (chrome://chrome/settings/content).
Firefox introduced its own click to play options in version 14, but you have to open about:config to enable. And you can whitelist sites, but not from a convenient central location as in Chrome. But then… it’s still a beta feature in Firefox, so what can one expect.
Not perfect, but pretty good.
Just one final thought on Java: if you’re going to remain among the majority that keep it installed on your primary computer, do also remember that Java (as well as other plugins) can be invoked from applications with banner ads.
Applications such as Spotify which suffered a compromise and attack via its third-party banner ads.
On 03/09/12 At 07:11 PM
Incoming search terms
- power rangers spd games 240/320 jad
- Download ludo jar 320x240 dedomil net
- def jam javagame
- fashion icon parts games download for dedomil net
- Dragonnest java jar 240x320
- Dragon mania legend hack ss
- downlode java transformus game for samsung s5222 :Dertz
- download total conquest hacked jar
- download pes 2017 java modif brother game
- Www Nokia mobil Dragon clen game downlode
- download java game clash of qonqut full touch screen in 240x320
- download golf jar game
- Download Gameloft Flash For Java From Deomil Net
- Download game strategi nokia C3 ukuran 320x240 java jar dedomil net
- download game moto gp for nokia x2-01 java ukuran 320x240 jar