#DigitalDivide Twitter Contest: Win A Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet from @McAfeeConsumer!
On the heels of our 2013 study, Digital Deception: Exploring the Online Disconnect between Parents and Kids, we’ll be running three prize drawings with our Twitter audience to promote better communication between parents and kids around internet safety.
The most important takeaway from this study is that parents are largely unaware of what their kids are actually doing online. The study found that 46% of kids would change their behavior if they knew that parents were watching, with nearly 50% looking up sites they shouldn’t be. Kids today are hiding what they are doing and it’s putting them in danger—whether they know it or not. Now is the time for parents to get tech savvy and close the Digital Divide.
With this in mind, from June 11th-28th, we’ll be holding three different prize drawings to give away a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB Tablet and a 1-year subscription to the McAfee® LiveSafe™ service to one lucky tweeter. All you need to do to enter is retweet our #DigitalDivide content of the day that is featured with the contest hashtag, #RT2Win! The tweets each day will showcase some of the top content around the Digital Deceptions study, illustrating the disconnect between kids and parents when it comes to online activities. We hope that you’ll help us spread the word about our study to promote safer online experiences for everyone.
More Details on How to Win:
During each Drawing period, tweets will be announced every business day at 8am PT with the #RT2Win hashtag on @McAfeeConsumer feed, so keep a look out on Twitter! Each retweet must include the #RT2Win and #DigitalDivide hashtags to be eligible, and the winner will be chosen from the entries received during the time period of each Drawing.
Additionally, each lucky winner will be featured as our McAfee “Follower of the Week,” and highlighted on the @McAfeeConsumer feed with a Twitter graphic following their selection.
Help us spread awareness of the #DigitalDivide and encourage parents and kids to communicate about the risks online – follow our team on Twitter and #RT2Win!
Digital Divide #RT2Win Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Three Twitter Retweet to win (#RT2Win) Prize Drawings (“Drawing”) will be held, Drawing periods are as follows (all times Pacific time zone):
Drawing 1: 8:00 AM Tuesday June 11th, through 5:00 PM Friday June 14th.
Drawing 2: 8:00 AM Monday June 17th, through 5:00 PM Friday June 21st.
Drawing 3: 8:00 AM Monday June 24th, through 5:00 PM Friday June 28th.
Eligible contest tweets will be announced daily at 8am PT during the drawing period on the @McAfeeConsumer feed featuring the #RT2Win hashtag. Each retweet must include the #DigitalDivide hashtag to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen at the end of each week (Friday). No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
To enter on Twitter, go to https://twitter.com/McAfeeConsumer. Find the contest tweet of the day, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #DigitalDivide. Look for the contest tweet daily starting at 8am PT. Retweets of other tweets or those that do not contain the hashtag #DigitalDivide will not be considered.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings.
The contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void wherever prohibited by law with no exceptions.
3. Winner Selection: The winner for each Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible retweets received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received. The winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet with 16GB Memory and 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe service (approximate retail value: $580). Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. The prizewinner will be required to execute and return, as directed, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within 2 business days following notification that the winner has won the prize. Return of a prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form, or any other failure to comply with any official rules will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
The winner grants McAfee the right to use and publish his or her Twitter handle online as a “follower of the week,” in connection with the contest. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.