Spam and phishing in 2018Numbers of the year The share of spam in mail traffic was 52.48%, which is 4.15 p.p. less than in 2017. The biggest source of spam this year was China (11.69%). 74.15% of spam emails were less than 2 KB in size. Malicious spam was detected most commonly with the Win32.CVE-2017-11882 verdict. The Anti-Phishing system […] more…
Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2018. Top security storiesIntroduction The internet is now woven into the fabric of our lives. Many people routinely bank, shop and socialize online and the internet is the lifeblood of commercial organizations. The dependence on technology of governments, businesses and consumers provides a broad attack surface for attackers with all kinds of motives – financial theft, theft of […] more…
Spam and phishing in Q2 2018Quarterly highlights GDPR as a phishing opportunity In the first quarter, we discussed spam designed to exploit GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), which came into effect on May 25, 2018. Back then spam traffic was limited to invitations to participate in workshops and other educational events and purchase software or databases. We predicted that fraudulent […] more…
IT threat evolution Q2 2018Targeted attacks and malware campaigns Operation Parliament In April, we reported the workings of Operation Parliament, a cyber-espionage campaign aimed at high-profile legislative, executive and judicial organizations around the world – with its main focus in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, especially Palestine. The attacks, which started early in 2017, target parliaments, […] more…
- New Windows 10 Insider build today expected to roll out to everyone next week
- Researcher Finds Over 60 Vulnerabilities in Physical Security Systems
- New security flaws found in popular IoT baby monitors
- Apple logs your iMessage contacts and could share them with police
- A smartphone shopper’s dilemma: Wait for the next iPhone or go Android 4.0?
- 50 illuminating questions about Google’s latest messaging service shakeup
- ‘Anonymous’ takes down Texan RFID-tracking school
- What is Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- FPS and DIMC software update – January 20
- Microsoft Windows OLE Property CVE-2011-3400 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability