Android root malware widespread in third-party app storesFour third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to devices, according to Trend Micro. The security company found 1,163 Android application packages containing the malware, which it calls ANDROIDOS_ LIBSKIN.A, wrote Jordan Pan, a mobile threats analyst with Trend. The malware obtains root access to the phone, the […] more…
User Beware: Rooting Malware Found in 3rd Party App StoresThink of third-party app stores as independent shops in the city where people go to as an alternative to the city mall. The mall practically has everything you need. In fact, almost everyone goes to the mall. The shops have items not available in the mall, and vice versa. Some people would rather go to […] more…
- New Trojan Targets Banks in US, Mexico
- France Won’t Ban Huawei But Favors European 5G Systems
- How to prevent SQL injection attacks?
- VMware Patches Flaws Disclosed at Pwn2Own 2019
- Resolved: Some CLC services unavailable this morning.
- DDoS-for-Hire Service Admin Gets 13 Months in Prison
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday Shows Secure Coding Pays Off
- Our favorite—and least favorite—tech of 2017
- Spectre rises from the dead to bite Intel in the return stack buffer
- Judge Rules in Favor of U.S. Effort to Take Snowden Book Money