PASS will be unavailable on 3/26
PEOPLE AND LOCATIONS IMPACTED:
All students, faculty, and staff at all Penn State locations
IT SERVICE(S) IMPACTED:
PASS will be unavailable
DATE AND TIME:
PASS will be affected from 4:00AM ET on 03/26/2019 until 7:00AM ET on 03/26/2019.
PASS and some Web hosting services based in PASS will be unavailable for hardware maintenance.
During the maintenance, services impacted will include but are not limited to:
– PASS SMB Gateway (win.pass.psu.edu, smb.pass.psu.edu)
– PASS NFS Gateway (nfs.pass.psu.edu)
– PASS SFTP Gateway (sftp.pass.psu.edu)
– PASS Explorer (https://explorer.pass.psu.edu/)
– Access to PASS (X: and W: drives) via WebFiles and WebApps
– Public Personal Web Hosting (https://www.personal.psu.edu/)
– Protected Personal Web Hosting (https://protected.personal.psu.edu/)
Some services that depend on PASS will be unaffected, including but not limited to:
– https://www.psu.edu and https://news.psu.edu
– Departmental Web space and virtual host web sites hosted in PASS
After service is restored, users should not expect any noticeable changes.
Maintenance will refresh the hardware used to store users’ home folders in 4 stages:
Day 1, 03/26/2019, Alert-5445, CHG0059060
Day 2, 03/28/2019, Alert-5446, CHG0059061
Day 3, 04/02/2019, Alert-5448, CHG0059062
Day 4, 04/04/2019, Alert-5449, CHG0059063
This alert will be updated as new information becomes available. Penn State IT users can view additional details in ServiceNow.
RECORD #: CHG0059060