McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Multiplatform Deployment Just Got a Lot Easier
McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments AntiVirus (McAfee MOVE AntiVirus) optimizes security for virtual desktops and servers. Version 4.6 became available on July 18, 2017. One of the major enhancements offered by this release is dramatic simplification of the multiplatform deployment process. McAfee MOVE AntiVirus 4.6 automates the deployment of the Security Virtual Machine (SVM) Manager, SVM and clients, reducing manual clicks by 70%!
Here’s a quick walk through of the new streamlined deployment steps:
Step 1: There’s now just one click installation of software extensions and product packages required so that you can install McAfee MOVE AntiVirus components on McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) or deploy them to virtual systems. No more separate downloads.
Step 2: Like in previous versions of McAfee MOVE AntiVirus, you register your VMware vCenter account with McAfee ePO.
Step 3: Configuration and deployment of the SVM Manager is now consolidated into one step using a single Meta Package.
Step 4: You review your McAfee MOVE AntiVirus deployment status.
Step 5: Next, you deploy the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus client. The McAfee MOVE AntiVirus client will automatically run the European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research (EICAR) test. This means that you no longer need to log into the MOVE client and the MOVE SVM to check connection status and that you don’t need to run separate EICAR tests.
Step 6: The SVM deployment will start automatically. Deployment of SVM load balancing is also automatic.
Error codes for all six steps are now automatically generated and displayed in the status during installation to make diagnosing issues much easier.
McAfee MOVE AntiVirus 4.6 includes a number of additional enhancements, including the ability to block more threats in multiplatform deployments with improved threat intelligence. Check out the release notes for more details.
The post McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Multiplatform Deployment Just Got a Lot Easier appeared first on McAfee Blogs.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Resolved: Planned Media Commons Outage (Beaver campus)
- Google Helping to Bring Santa to Chrome and to Your Phone
- vBulletin password hack fuels fears of serious Internet-wide 0-day attacks
- Here’s Microsoft’s list of Skylake devices that will be supported when running Windows 7
- Give a store your e-mail address, it’ll find you on Facebook
- Buy Matthew Broderick’s old movie computer and possibly impress Ally Sheedy
- Microsoft Internet Explorer CVE-2014-0275 Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- Encryption technologies for the era of quantum computers: Effective protection for microdevices
- Arrest in NSA News Leak Fuels Debate on Source Protection
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures