Hackable?, the Original Podcast from McAfee, is Back for Season Three
Here at McAfee, everything we do is driven by our desire to make the digital world more secure. The proliferation of internet-connected technology has made cybercrime the greatest challenge of the digital age.
But we can’t fight it alone.
That’s why as Chief Consumer Security Evangelist, one of my biggest concerns is raising cybersecurity awareness. The more we can educate and collaborate, the better we can fight cybercrime together.
That’s why I’m so excited to announce that our award-winning podcast “Hackable?” has returned for its third season. I’m proud that its resonated and been downloaded millions of times by loyal listeners.
For two seasons, host Geoff Siskind and cybersecurity expert Bruce Snell have used rich storytelling and expert advice to captivate audiences while raising cybersecurity awareness. Each episode, Geoff invites a white-hat hacker to try and crack a device he is using. These hacks are inspired by TV shows and movies, and in the second season, he put his own passwords and credit cards on the line and was even trapped in an internet-connected car wash.
In the third season, Geoff is going to strap on a hacked virtual reality headset, risk his laptop’s security, investigate if drones are vulnerable and much more.
Thankfully, Bruce is there to provide tips and help make sure that none of this happens to any of the show’s listeners.
After all, internet-connected devices are great. They offer entertainment, utility, and convenience. “Hackable?” isn’t about scaring you from using smart technologies, but about raising awareness so that you can understand where they are susceptible to a cyberattack. Often, a few simple steps are all it takes to protect you, your home, your loved ones, and your personal data.
New episodes of Hackable? will launch every two weeks. Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Castbox, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Radio Public. Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe! Check out the podcast site for bonus content, illustrations, and a behind-the-scenes look at each episode.
The post Hackable?, the Original Podcast from McAfee, is Back for Season Three appeared first on McAfee Blogs.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Microsoft Windows Device Guard CVE-2017-11823 Local Security Bypass Vulnerability
- iOS 7 security update patches lockscreen flaw
- 70-plus messaging services and XMPP software clients begin requiring TLS encryption
- How can I tell if someone has been using my laptop?
- NSA admits employees spied on loved ones
- These glasses thwart facial recognition software
- Wurldtech Revamps Industrial Network Security Offering
- Dutch police arrest 17-year-old suspected of breaching hundreds of KPN servers
- FIFA, hacked again, is leaking like a sieve
- Symantec Releases Targeted Attack Analytics Tool