American Fidelity Assurance Trusts McAfee to Secure Entire Network
Making the news because of a security breach is the last kind of publicity any company wants. For American Fidelity Assurance Company, protecting critical and sensitive information is a top concern, and it’s job one for Chief Security Officer John Lindsey. “With all of the widely publicized security breaches at other companies lately, our board has made my priorities clear – to put every possible solution in place, in multiple layers, to protect the network and our customers’ data,” he says.
To that end, Lindsey recently re-evaluated the company’s security environment. “We had a disparate group of appliances and systems, and nothing talked to anything else,” he notes. “We wanted to adopt more functional products that would work together and therefore be easier to manage with less overhead. This kind of integration was our primary reason to switch to McAfee.”
I love my job and I’m lucky to work with a great team. Our great partnership with McAfee helps us be even more successful.
— John Lindsey, Chief Security Officer, American Fidelity Assurance
Today, a fully integrated suite of McAfee solutions protects the entire American Fidelity ecosystem. This encompasses 2,000 endpoints, including mobile users scattered across the country, as well as 2,500 servers and two data centers based in Oklahoma. American Fidelity has adopted McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention System, McAfee Network Data Loss Prevention, and the McAfee Endpoint Security Suite with File and Folder Encryption and the host-based McAfee Intrusion Prevention System.
“McAfee Data Loss Prevention is an especially important piece of the puzzle. It’s an incredibly useful and enlightening tool, because it gives us a continuous view of all of the traffic we need to monitor and block,” Lindsey says. “Over the next two years, our priorities will be around enhancing our utilization of the McAfee products.”
Want more information about American Fidelity’s security success? We’re standing by to answer any questions you might have about these and other McAfee solutions – just tweet us at @McAfee_Business
The post American Fidelity Assurance Trusts McAfee to Secure Entire Network appeared first on McAfee Blogs.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Google, Facebook, Yahoo, rights groups oppose FBI expansion of surveillance powers
- Post-PC Attack Site: Only Interested in Smartphones/Tablets
- Gorgeous glass objects created with a 3D printer
- President Obama praises NSA, offers little in mass surveillance reform
- Lo brillante se mezcla con lo sostenible: OpenDXL como una plataforma de orquestación
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol CVE-2012-0173 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Adobe fixes actively exploited critical vulnerability in Flash Player
- Nintendo Loses Appeal For WiiU.com Domain
- Good Security is a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- How to Add Security to Your Client’s Websites