Hackers Shut Down Korean Sites on War Anniversary
Major government and media websites in South and North Korea were shut down for hours Tuesday on the 63rd anniversary of the start of the Korean War. Seoul said its sites were hacked, while it was unclear what knocked out those north of the border.
Seoul said experts were investigating attacks on the websites of the South Korean presidential Blue House and prime minister’s office, as well as some media servers. There were no initial reports Tuesday that sensitive military or other key infrastructure had been compromised.