The untethered jailbreak Absinthe v2.0 debuted on Friday with compatibility for almost all devices powered by Apple’s A4 and A5 processors running the latest iOS 5.1.1 firmware, and is the first solution to unlock the new iPad.
Announced at the Hack in the Box event in Amsterdam, GreenPois0n Absinthe v2.0 is the result of a collaboration between the Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team and gives iDevice users wider access to system features normally prohibited by Apple thus allowing for the download of applications and extensions unavailable in the official App Store.
- Absinthe Used To Jailbreak 1.2 Million Devices On iOS 5.1.1 Over The Weekend
- Hackers Reveal the Price of iOS Jailbreaks at #HITB2012AMS
- Apple bumps iOS to 6.0.1, fixes an interesting set of bugs
- Absinthe 2.0 Jailbreak Now Available for iOS 5.1.1 Devices
- iOS Jailbreak Dream Team Releases Absinthe 2.0 – iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak at #HITB2012AMS