Looking into Attacks and Techniques Used Against WordPress SitesBy David Fiser (Senior Cyber Threat Researcher) WordPress is a well-known open-source content management system (CMS) used for creating websites and personal blogs. The CMS is estimated to be used by 35% of all websites today, which makes it an ideal target for threat actors. A weak point in the platform is all it takes […] more…
IT threat evolution Q2 2018Targeted attacks and malware campaigns Operation Parliament In April, we reported the workings of Operation Parliament, a cyber-espionage campaign aimed at high-profile legislative, executive and judicial organizations around the world – with its main focus in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, especially Palestine. The attacks, which started early in 2017, target parliaments, […] more…
Spam and phishing in 2016The year in figures According to Kaspersky Lab, in 2016: The proportion of spam in email flows was 58.31%, which is 3.03 percentage points more than in 2015. 62.16% of spam emails were no more than 2 KB in size. 12.08% of spam was sent from the US. Trojan.Win32.Bayrob was the most popular malware family […] more…
Spam and phishing in Q2 2016Download the full report (PDF) Spam: quarterly highlights The year of ransomware in spam Although the second quarter of 2016 has only just finished, it’s safe to say that this is already the year of ransomware Trojans. By the end of Q2 there was still a large number of emails with malicious attachments, most of […] more…
- MPAA/RIAA lose big as US backs copyright "limitations"
- Key Mobile Threat Takeaways from the 2018 Mobile Threats Report
- Who reads Naked Security? The results are in….
- Wearable security: Two-factor authentication apps for Apple Watch
- Malvertising Jumped 132% in 2016: Report
- Adware Posing as 85 Photography and Gaming Apps on Google Play Installed Over 8 Million Times
- One law to rule all data breaches — but let’s make it a real law
- Lawmakers press Facebook about adding under-13 users
- Nintendo’s longtime president Satoru Iwata has died
- eCommerce Maintenance, 7/2/14