The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Resolved: PASS Upgrade on Wednesday, October 5
- Malware Redirection with a Delay
- Digitally signed data-stealing malware targets Mac users in “undelivered courier item” attack
- Yet Another SQL Injection Attack
- Google Play Apps Drop Anubis Banking Malware, Use Motion-based Evasion Tactics
- Confidence Lost
- ‘Dark mail’ debut will open door for Lavabit’s return, says Ladar Levison
- Researchers Claim Wickr Patched Flaws but Didn’t Pay Rewards
- Twitter looking to hire two-factor authentication brains
- Back to Basics: Retro Cybersecurity Lessons Still Matter