The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- 3 Reasons You Need a Personal VPN
- Security Manager’s Journal: Auto-forwarded emails could be a huge problem
- Certain German Websites Defaced on April Fools’ Day
- Microsoft Excel CVE-2015-2375 ASLR Security Bypass Vulnerability
- WikiLeaks publishes massive searchable archive of hacked Sony documents
- Man sues Verizon for $72m for not stopping him committing ID theft
- Riot at Foxconn factory in China blamed on harsh security guards
- Privacy is not dead – you’re just doing it wrong
- Microsoft Windows Kernel ‘Win32k.sys’ CVE-2016-3218 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- FBI Completes New Review of Clinton Emails, Finds Nothing