The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Social media privacy explained – In plain English
- Use your iPhone to store your keys in the cloud
- Security and Analytics Among the Top Emerging IoT Trends
- How integrating physical and information security mitigates risks
- Brazilians in the Russian Underground
- 750 million users and 2 trillion minutes of free video calls: Skype celebrates 10 years
- $29.99 for the IT Security & Ethical Hacking Certification Training ($1,895 value) – Deal Alert
- The ‘grinch’ isn’t a Linux vulnerability, Red Hat says
- Android malware hammers phones with unwanted ads
- Internet measurement firm Renesys bought by Dyn