The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Security tip: Before being interviewed on TV, wipe passwords off whiteboard
- Penn State Greater Allegheny: Voice service disruption
- Resolved: WebMail Authentication Failure
- US seeks information on industry ability to hold bulk phone data
- Mozilla Patches Firefox Flaw Disclosed at Pwn2Own
- With Security at the Foundation, Blockchain Can Revolutionize the World
- US warns countries against helping Snowden
- Singtel may face legal action over smear campaign
- Linux Australia calls for password change after server breach
- Why You Need to Watch Out When Using Public Wi-Fi