The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Resolved: Data Center Network Outage
- Mozilla pulls tracking trigger for Firefox 22, ignores ad industry attacks
- What Type of Gamer Are You?
- How hacking brainwaves could reveal our deeply guarded secrets
- Oracle and Java, Apple and the FTC, Google and privacy – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
- New leaks offer a few more peeks at "Normandy," Nokia’s Android phone
- Busts, Bounties and Backdoors – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
- New products of the week 2.27.17
- Forget data thieves, data vandals will be your next major pain
- How to stop ad trackers and beacons dead in their tracks