The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Hacker breaks into ThrustVPS, launches phishing attack from firm’s own servers
- AT&T hacker seeks sentencing leniency
- Jail time for Twitter abusers who spewed out rape and death threats
- Japan Raids Hacked Crypto Exchange, Bitcoin Plunges Further
- IoT Worm Could Hack All Smart Lights in a City
- Five Reasons to be Thankful for IT Security
- Injection Attacks Common in Energy and Utilities Sector: IBM
- Turkish Certificate Authority screwup leads to attempted Google impersonation
- Interview with a Lead Information Security Engineer about His Company’s Experience Migrating to McAfee Endpoint Security
- Spear phishing led to DNS attack against the New York Times, others