The Rise of Cybercrime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Microsoft Edge Scripting Engine CVE-2018-0835 Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- Researchers Point to an AMD Backdoor—And Face Their Own Backlash
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, May 4
- Google and Twitter turn their backs on Russian media over fake news
- Trend Micro Patches More Vulnerabilities in Anti-Threat Toolkit
- Japan forgot data wipe on ship sold to Pyongyang
- Download the Insider Threat Deep Dive Report
- Citrix Application Delivery Management Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- NSA: Multiple State-Sponsored APTs Exploiting Enterprise VPN Flaws
- Critical Bluetooth Vulnerability Exposes Android Devices to Attacks