The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Hands-on with the Google Drive for iOS app: mostly read only
- 5 ways data classification can prevent an education data breach
- Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager CVE-2015-0012 Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- Improving AI with baby brains
- Heartbleed sees first arrest in wake of Canada Revenue Agency breach
- 100 Million Passwords For Sale From Russian Social Network VK
- RSA looks to have SIEM do advanced real-time threat analysis, forensics
- Darpa Goes Full Tron With Its Grand Battle of the Hack Bots
- Sony patent suggests PS4 may not run used video games