The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Your Old Myspace Account Just Came Back to Haunt You
- Microsoft Windows Adobe Font Driver CVE-2015-0091 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- 10 whaling emails that could get by an unsuspecting CEO
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Researcher creates proof-of-concept worm for network-attached storage devices
- Start-up fights ambush attacks on SDN, virtual machine networks
- ISIS & IBIS Maintenance
- Privacy watchdogs give EU, US three months to negotiate new Safe Harbor deal
- Retina MacBook Pro Shipping Delayed By Up To A Month
- chat.psu.edu Restart