The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- SAP Patches Critical Vulnerability in HANA Streaming Analytics
- Crowdfunding for Acquiring Shadow Brokers Exploits Canceled
- U.K. Center of Security Excellence Hit by Ransomware
- Apply MITRE’s ‘ATT&CK’ Model to Check Your Defenses
- Production AIS and IdS Service Degradation – November 12
- Best Buy: Hackers are trying to access online customer accounts
- Grey hats and blue skies, dealing with airline security
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday – seven bulletins, four critical, three RCEs, and even a fix for Macs
- Over 100,000 GitHub repos have leaked API or cryptographic keys
- August Patch Tuesday Includes Update for Microsoft Edge