The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Microsoft confirms IE10 will have "Do Not Track" on by default
- Blinding light: The US crackdown on not-so-harmless laser strikes
- Apple fixes irritating Mountain Lion bugs, firms up Java defenses
- OpenSSL to Patch High Severity Vulnerability
- Facebook “Spam King” gets 2.5 years in the slammer
- Getting work done with Google’s new Aura interface for Chrome OS
- Update: PASS issues
- Swedish man pleads guilty to peddling Blackshades malware
- Microsoft Internet Explorer CVE-2015-1736 Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- Both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network downed by (supposed) DDOS attacks