The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- Canada Student Loans borrowers in giant data breach – 583,000 records gone
- Samsung sues newspaper for $284k over negative reports on Galaxy S5
- NSA jitters are ‘just a bummer’ for cloud growth, HP says
- Rogue App Store Targets Non-Jailbroken iOS Devices
- Wall Street pushes for exemptions in state social-media monitoring laws
- Mac botnet may not be shrinking much after all
- Windows 7 is great, but I won’t go back
- ProtonMail Launches Encrypted Contacts Manager
- Some CLC services not available
- OpenBSD will shut down if it doesn’t receive funding