The Rise of Cyber Crime in Dubai and UAE
A lot of our everyday communication and commercial activities are now taking place online, the threat from cybercrime is increasing, targeting citizens, businesses and governments at a rapidly growing rate.
Organizations and individuals are worried about the increase of Cybercrime, not just because of financial damage, but loss of privacy and intellectual property, in addition to reputation problems.
Recent statistics have shown dramatic growth in the Cybercrime in the UAE. Emerging markets have long been of interest for Cyber criminals.
Official statistics from Dubai have shown a dramatic 88% increase in the number of electronic crime cases reported in 2013 compared to the year before. The cyber investigation department of Dubai Police received a total of 1,419 reports in 2013, 792 in 2012 and 588 in 2011.
More antivirus and malware news?
- SF’s Transit Hack Could’ve Been Way Worse—And Cities Must Prepare
- Microsoft Windows ‘Win32k.sys’ TrueType Font Handling Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- The TURKTRUST SSL certificate fiasco – what really happened, and what happens next?
- LeakerLocker: Mobile Ransomware Acts Without Encryption
- G DATA Launches Security Messaging App for Android
- Microsoft fixes critical flaws with Patch Tuesday updates
- SEC Files Charges in Digital Currency Investment Scam
- Dell updates private cloud to become PCI compliant
- Become a sysadmin – learn how to fit right in [VIDEO]
- Rogue Apple server corrupts Angry Birds Space and other apps