The mystery of Duqu Framework solved
The Quest for Identification
In my previous blogpost about the Duqu Framework, I described one of the biggest remaining mysteries about Duqu – the oddities of the C&C communications module which appears to have been written in a different language than the rest of the Duqu code. As technical experts, we found this question very interesting and puzzling and we wanted to share it with the community.
The feedback we received exceeded our wildest expectations. We got more than 200 comments and 60+ e-mail messages with suggestions about possible languages and frameworks that could have been used for generating the Duqu Framework code. We would like to say a big ‘Thank you!’ to everyone who participated in this quest to help us identify the mysterious code.
Let us review the most popular suggestions we got from you:
- Variants of LISP
- Google Go
- OO C
- Old compilers for C++ and other languages