Resolved: Network and Voice Services Disruption
The earlier ITS Alert regarding an unexpected power outage in the Telecommunications Building indicated a disruption of voice services in multiple buildings at University Park; those services were restored at 6:05 am. It has since been determined that other services were similarly affected. Those, also, were restored. With this update, we provide additional information on that set, should anomalies have been detected subsequent to the outage as cited. The timeframe for this impact was from 4:55 AM until 6:05 AM.
– Network Services to Commonwealth Campuses
– University Park voice services to approximately 80 buildings
– University Park wireless services to approximately 70 buildings
– Approximately one-third of the other networks at University Park
– Remote Office Voice Services provided by Internet2/Aastra
– ITS Firewall Service Management Servers (firewalls were operational)
– Partial disruption to Internet Services for remaining networks
ITS continues our analysis of this incident, and will be conducting a review to identify actions to avoid similar incidents.