Known Error impacting UCS Contacts
A problem has been identified with UCS after the UCS ugrade on June 10th. Some people may have lost their contacts, which would affect the auto-populate feature. We do not have further details at this time. The UCS team will be working with the vendor and will update this alert as more information becomes available.
We have identified a work-around. With the UCS upgrade, a feature to automatically add new email addresses to contacts has been disabled which was previously enabled. Turning this feature on will save any email address you send to automatically. To turn it on, please do the following:
1. Log into https://ucs.psu.edu
2. Click on the “Preferences” tab at the top
3. On the left menu, click on “Contacts”
4. Under “Settings”, check mark the “Add new contacts to “Emailed Contacts”
5. Click on the Save button on the top right.
You will have to send an email to the address or resource once before it will auto-populate the next time.